Who am I?
I'm a self-taught Swedish 3d-artist with a passion for video-games. I like to spend my time creating 3d, playing the latest video-games or spending ridiculous amount of money on musical instruments and photography equipment.
As an Environment Artist for games my main responsibilities are the general look and feel for the levels that are in the game. Bringing them from blockouts to full working levels for this and the next generation of platforms, I usually work close with the Art Director, Lead Environment artist, Level Designers to design and form the vision of the level but also the together with technical art and tool programmers to set the workflow & art pipeline to get levels running smoothly at the intended frame-rate.
- 6 Years of professional experience in the game industry working with AAA-games.
- Working knowledge of Maya, 3ds max, Zbrush and Photoshop etc.
- I know about technical limitations of current game engines. Optimisations that can be done in both environment and assets.
- Fast learner and a hard worker. I always try to improve my art by learning new things and keep up to date with current tech.
- A good communicator and team-player and not afraid to take initiative to get things going if needed.
- I'm half Asian and half Swedish, I'll save your company from ninjas and can make awesome meatballs
“Chris has really impressed me since starting work at Evolution. He's hard working and a skilled artist who's very eager to learn and progress in the industry. A great person to have in your team.” Andrew Fletcher, Senior Environment Artist, Evolution Studios
“Despite being his first job in the industry Chris worked really hard and was quick to adapt to all of our tools and processes, he shows a passion for games and art and it was a pleasure to work with him, he also make a nice brew!” Paul Butler, Senior Artist, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
“It was a pleasure to work with Chris during the production of Motorstorm Apocalypse. Even though it was his first job in the games industry and he was thrown in at the deep end he worked extremely hard the entire time and quickly picked up in-house tools and development processes. He has a strong passion for games and art which shows through in his work. I hope to continue working with him in the future.”
Anthony O Donnell, Artist, Evolution Studios
“Chris is a very talented artist who is always hard working and a pleasure to work with.”
Andrew Gahan, Senior Development Manager, SCEE