YES! I GOT IT WORKING! Snow Shader functionality on top of my blend shader in UDK. More pics will come once I get something decent to show.
Current feature list:
- The functionality to blend 2 textures using Vertex Painting, using a heightmap and a noisemap to make the blend more interesting and less tilable.
- WorldPositionOffset Z using Vertex Painting using the alpha channel
- The functionality to apply Metallic Shading to either one of the blended textures
- Being able to Apply Snow shading to each of the blended textures. (ie Do you want to apply Snow to Textureset 1, Textureset 2?)Snow direction control, snow shader edge masking control and sparkle control.
- Color-tinting both Diffuse Maps and Spec maps (along with masking)
- Apply Cubemap to either of the blended textures along with Masking ability
- Specularmap and SpecularPower(Gloss) textures and controls
- Normalmaps and Detail Normalmaps.
- Seperate UV-tiling controls for all of the above
- add a quick Subsurface Scattering function to the Snow later tonight or tomorrow night.
- add separate blending mechanic to the snow shader. Maybe I want to blend in footprints or tiretracks using vertex-painting or textures.
- Maybe in the future I'll make it a three-way blend shader + snow.
And this is by no means a cheap shader if you enable everything at the same time haha xD