Quick update , I decided to join the Nvidias #SolRemix contest last week. However I realized I would only have 3 Evenings worth of work time on it since I was going to spend Friday to Sunday Midnight in Stockholm , so I decided to do the best I could make in the time-span.
The final result is this image & video:
I've had a couple of questions regarding the work as well. It's massively inspired by Halo and Mass Effect, both worlds have had a massive impact on my art and my life in general so it felt right to do a space setting for the entry. I also chose the space setting because of the time-constraint, I needed something that was very quick to make without getting bogged down in Asset Production.
- The planet itself is not made by me; it's by this wonderful person:
- The scene is dynamically lit in UE4, no RTX-features enabled.
- I'm making heavy use out of the volumetric and I'm actually using black fog in this particular scene with colored lights
- The character was provided by nvidia and their SolRemix Competition
- All of the video & audio editing was done in UE4 sequencer.
- All of the meshes are low-poly and using a Black Material with no Specular (Silhouette Material)
- The music is made by C21FX - AFTER THE FALL
I guess that's it, if you have any questions please ask away :)