- Obvious looking polygon cards
- Inconsistent from all Distances (ie with the shadowing and AO acting differently form all ranges)
- Probably a bit too "realistically shaded"
- Not enough stylized control.
Here is what they look like from a distance with LODs included.
So the new shader does basically everything I want it to:
- It makes the tree canopies shade more consistently across a distance, even with LODs optimizing the heck out of the trees.
- The shader is more performant and runs faster than the previous shader. (Better visuals + better performance woop!)
- The look is more unified and easier to deal with for production
- I have way more control over the Stylization of the Canopies. (How bright, how colorful, how dark the shaded side is etc)
- Ie I can change everything easier, so even if the shaded side is to dark I can easily change that and if I want them to not be as dark in the distance etc etc.
Here is a quick gif of time-of-day and how the canopy shading acts.
So I'd like to think this mornings efforts was a success!
Until next time!